Contra is a professional community that matches Independents with flexible, commission-free opportunities. When you invite a collaborator to join your project on Contra — whether it be a Client or a fellow Independent — you give them the opportunity to utilize Contra from the beginning of the project right until the very end! In this guide, you’ll learn about the various ways and benefits of managing your entire project on Contra and how you can invite your collaborator(s) to the platform.
Why should I invite my collaborators on Contra?
We’re all about equitable relationships between Independents and Clients, so now either side can start a project on Contra. Inviting your Clients or Independents to work on a project together on Contra means giving them access to all of the tools we have to offer, and giving them the opportunity to use Contra to find their next project. Here are some things you can do here on Contra ⤵️
Where can I invite or add my collaborator?
On Contra, you can invite your next collaborator in two ways, as an Independent and as a Client. ⤵️
As an Independent
- On your Projects or Opportunities tab, click the “Create Proposal” button and a new window will appear.
- Invite your Clients on Contra by typing in their Contra URL or the email associated with their account. If they’re not on Contra yet, go to step 3.
- Type in your Client’s email address to invite them to the Contra platform.
Note: If you send an invite to a user that doesn’t have a Contra account, Contra will send an invite to your Client via email on your behalf.
As a Client
- Click the Projects tab and click “Create Proposal”.
- Invite an Independent on Contra by typing in their Contra URL or the email address associated with their account. If they’re not on Contra, go to step 3.
- Type in an Independent’s email address to invite them to the Contra platform.
While using your Client profile, you can invite an Independent via the Projects tab and click “New Project”. You can invite Independents who have a Contra account with their Contra URL or email, or invite Independents outside of their platform with their email address.
Note: If you send an invite to a user that doesn’t have a Contra account, Contra will send an invite to your Independent via email on your behalf.
We’re always looking for more ways to empower remote and flexible work, and we’re so thankful you chose us to help reframe the future of work. ✨