How to Find Trending Sounds on TikTok 💥🎹
- Social Media
Social media success starts here! Explore how to find trending sounds on TikTok to transform your account into a viral sensation.
Are you ready to ride the TikTok wave? One of the secret weapons to going viral and growing your account is — drumroll, please — the sounds you use in your videos!
Whether you’re trying to promote your small business, become an influencer, or gain followers, knowing how to find trending sounds on TikTok is a key to going viral. Harness their power, and who knows? You might just turn into a social media star overnight.
TikTok marketing is a must 🎶
TikTok has quickly become one of today’s most popular social media platforms. If you’re a business owner or Independent content creator, it’s a must-use app for your current strategy.
TikTok’s exponential growth is attributable to its effective video format and the ease with which trends pop up and spread throughout the platform. The short videos and trendy sounds captivate audiences; clips are easy to consume and share, and TikTok’s commercial music library is vast. Its laser-focused content recommendation makes it an essential tool for reaching today’s audiences, boosting engagement, and growing your brand online.
Why are sounds so important? 🔊
TikTok sounds — the reusable audio tracks you can add to your content — are crucial to the platform’s success. Sounds are an essential element of the recommendation algorithm, which rewards videos for using trending songs, effects, and hashtags. In other words, one way to help boost your chances of blowing up on the platform is to combine popular sounds with creativity and strategy.
According to TikTok, 50% of users prefer content with sound, and 73% stop scrolling to view ads with audio. These stats underscore the importance of using the right sounds in your TikTok content, as it can significantly enhance your visibility on the platform.
How to see what’s trending on TikTok 🎹
Discovering trendy music for your content is essential for increasing engagement on your TikTok account. There are several quick and easy ways to do this, so try these methods out for yourself:
Scroll the “For You” page 📱
The “For You” page is a personalized feed that features trending content from different TikTokers. The videos vary from person to person; no two “For You” pages are the same. To find trending audio, scroll down the feed and look for common sounds in highly viewed videos (you’ll find the sound’s title at the bottom of the screen). This will give you an understanding of what’s currently popular. This method is low-effort, but remember that your page is not tailored to your audience; it’s tailored to you.
Use TikTok’s search bar 🔍
Searching is another easy way to find viral sounds on TikTok. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the TikTok app and tap on the search icon at the top right of the screen.
- Search for “viral sounds” or a similar keyword.
- Tap the “sounds” tab once the results have loaded.
- Browse the results to see which sounds are trending on TikTok.
- Alternatively, tap the “hashtags” tab to view hashtags related to popular sounds.
Browse TikTok’s sound library 📚
Another way to find sounds is through the app’s sound library. This library is an impressive collection of available sounds and music, plus playlists to make your hunt even more manageable.
Here’s how to find it:
- Open the TikTok app and tap the “+” sign at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “add sound” at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap “playlist.” Browse playlists like “TikTok Viral” and “Featured” — these will show you what’s currently trending.
Use TikTok’s Creative Center 📐
If you have a TikTok Business Account, you can access TikTok’s Creative Center. This feature offers an exciting overview of the app’s top songs. You can filter by regional preference, which is excellent for targeting your specific audience, and select popular songs to access valuable recent performance data.
Use “Tokboard” 📊
Tokboard is a third-party TikTok sound finder. It gathers information from TikTok and provides valuable data on millions of popular videos. It tracks the app’s popular sounds and music, providing a list of trending sounds with helpful details, such as play count, related hashtags, the top countries using the sounds, and more. It also offers direct links to TikTok videos.
How to save a sound on TikTok 📣
Saving sounds is a great way to ensure you don’t lose track of the ones you want to use in future videos. Adding sounds to your Favorites tab lets you keep them in one convenient spot on the app.
Here’s how to do it:
- When you find a sound you want to save, tap the spinning record icon on the bottom right of the screen to go to the sound’s page.
- Tap “add to favorites” at the top of the screen to save the sound to your Favorites.
- Once you’ve successfully saved the sound, the bookmark icon will appear grayed out.
6 tips for creating viral videos 🎥
Going viral on TikTok requires a combination of skill and luck, and using trending sounds is a huge step in the right direction. To maximize your potential for creating content users love, consider the following tips:
- Put your own spin on it. Analyze how others use trending sounds in their videos, and pay attention to the comments. Understanding how to employ these sounds and how audiences react is valuable for crafting engaging content.
- Use TikTok’s “Favorites” feature. Saving popular sounds to your Favorites gives you quick access when you’re ready to create content. This saves time and helps you stay on top of the latest trends.
- Understand what your target audience wants. Creating content tailored to your specific audience is key to social media virality. Before making a TikTok, consider what resonates with your audience’s interests, preferences, and expectations.
- Act quickly. Time is of the essence on TikTok. Most trends can rise and fall in a matter of days, so don’t wait too long to use a trending sound. Act quickly to capitalize on its popularity.
- Trim it to suit your needs. Show your attention to detail by selecting a specific portion of a trending song to fit your content. Customizing the length of a sound to match your concept helps ensure the result is clean and appealing.
What to consider when using TikTok’s sounds 🎼
Access to specific sounds and music on TikTok is limited for business accounts. This is mainly due to copyright guidelines; business accounts can only use “commercial sounds” or royalty-free music. However, for businesses looking to leverage the trends, there are a few alternatives:
- License music. If you want to include copyrighted music in TikToks on your business account, acquire legal permission to use it.
- Create original or branded sounds. Craft unique sounds that align with your company’s identity to become a TikTok trendsetter. Although this method doesn’t take advantage of existing trends, it may help you become one.
- Repost user-generated content. Share content that contains copyrighted sounds or music. This allows you to capitalize on existing trends while adhering to legal guidelines.
It’s worth noting that personal/creator accounts have access to all of TikTok’s sounds. This account type is recommended for those looking to quickly grow their following.
Contra empowers content creators 💪
Achieving remarkable results on TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and more is easier when you implement each platform’s tools with effective, well-crafted marketing strategies. At Contra, we’re always finding new ways to make social media work for you — just check out our TikTok partnership.
Contra is a commission-free professional network designed to connect Independents and clients. If you want to boost your TikTok metrics, our Discover feed is an excellent place to find a skilled Independent who can send your engagement through the roof. If you’re an independent content creator yourself, Contra provides a platform for offering your services and getting clients. Find more helpful hints and professional advice on our blog, The Contrarian.